Things you can do yourself
- Skipping is an inexpensive way to create healthy lymph flow. The lymphatic system relies on activity and muscle contractions to move lymph fluid around the body.
- A healthy diet produces less waste for your lymphatic system to clean up, reducing your chances of congestion.
- Make sure you are replacing lost fluid with pure clean water nothing added. if you do a lot of physical exercise and it's a hot day you may want to replace 3-4 litres a day. if it's a cold day and you do very little exercise, then you may only require 1 litre. Dehydration is a major cause of an impaired lymphatic system.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable and not restricting in any way. Underwear is often the biggest culprit. If your wear an underwire bra, consider taking it off when you're at home, as movement is the key to healthy lymph flow. The same goes for mens tight underwear, try to find those which allow some movement.
- Learn how to breath correctly and deeply, the lymphatic system relies on the pumping action of deep breathing to help it transport toxins. So breathe in healing oxygen through your nose. Breathe out toxins through your mouth. Doing this also reduces stress levels, which intern assists the lymphatic system to flow.
Exercise and movement assists the lymphatic system to be healthy, if you're in a sedentary job, and you find it hard to motivate yourself to do any of the above, then a regular visit to The Lymphatic Clinic can assist your lymphatic system to stay healthy, while you relax.